Grilled Oysters with Calabrian Chili Butter
Cory Bahr, Parish Restaurant, Monroe, LA
Makes 36 Oysters
1 lb good quality unsalted butter, softened (I use Plugra because it’s easy to find)
2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 calabrian chilies, chopped (or your favorite spicy chili paste)
4 garlic cloves, grated on a micro plane
½ cup untoasted panko breadcrumbs
½ cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
½ cup finely chopped parsley
3 tsp. kosher salt
- Fold together all ingredients, set aside.
- When the fire is hot, raise your grill and remove from the fire.
- Place oysters on the grill, top each with ½ tablespoon of the butter.
- Lower the grill with oysters onto the fire and top with the cooking dome.
- Allow the oyster 3-4 min to grill. They’re done when the juices are lightly bubbling.
Written by Stephanie Burt of The Southern Fork
To learn more, check out the Hot Seat Interview with Chef Bahr!