For Cinco de Mayo and beyond, this one-pan wonder of cheesy crunchiness is a crowd pleaser! And the best part, it requires NO kitchen prep - just a can opener.
Pop open a cold cerveza or margarita... ¡Salud!
What You'll Need:
- Large cast-iron skillet - our two-handled one is from Smithey Ironware
- Heat Dome or other oven/fire safe cover
- Aluminum foil
- Can opener
- Tortilla chips
- Mexican cheese
- Can black beans - drained
- Can fire-roasted tomatoes - drained
- Toppings like olives, green onions, cilantro...
- Hot Sauce - we used Red Clay Original
Step By Step:
1. Line pan with foil for easy cleanup.
2. Layer chips, cheese, beans, tomatoes.
3. Layer again and top with more cheese.
4. Place pan on Grill over hot coals. Cover with Heat Dome. This allows chips to soften while the cheese melts and everything gets hot. About 8-10 minutes.
5. To finish, top with olives, cilantro, green onions and Hot Sauce
Add taco-seasoned beef or chicken to the layers. Top with avocado, pico de gallo, and queso. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
We ❤️ seeing our friends making memories around the Kettle! Send us your photos or tag us on social media @seaislandforge