Grilled Oysters with Calabrian Chili Butter
Cory Bahr, Parish Restaurant, Monroe, LA
Makes 36 Oysters
1 lb good quality unsalted butter, softened (I use Plugra because it’s easy to find)
2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 calabrian chilies, chopped (or your favorite spicy chili paste)
4 garlic cloves, grated on a micro plane
½ cup untoasted panko breadcrumbs
½ cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
½ cup finely chopped parsley
3 tsp. kosher salt
- Fold together all ingredients, set aside.
- When the fire is hot, raise your grill and remove from the fire.
- Place oysters on the grill, top each with ½ tablespoon of the butter.
- Lower the grill with oysters onto the fire and top with the cooking dome.
- Allow the oyster 3-4 min to grill. They’re done when the juices are lightly bubbling.