Summer South of the Border Grilled Sweet Corn
From Chef Andrea Griffith, Pursell Farms, Sylacauga, Ala
Serves 6 people
6-8 ears of fresh sweet corn with husks, washed and silks removed
1 c. Hellman’s mayonnaise
1 tbsp, dried dill (or 2 tbsp. fresh, finely chopped)
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch cilantro, stalks removed, finely chopped
Hot sauce to taste
1 c. crumbled cojito cheese
- Fold husks around corn, twisting slightly at the end, then place on a medium hot grills, and roast corn in husk until almost cooked.
- While corn is roasting, in a bowl, mix mayonnaise, dill, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Remove corn from grill onto platter, then pull back husk of each cob (husk should all be at the stalk end but not removed) and brush each cob well with the mayo mixture.
- Return corn cobs to the grill, keeping kernels exposed, and grill until they begin to char.
- Remove from heat and immediately sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with hot sauce as desired, top with crumbled cojito, and serve warm.